Unlike traditional straightening or smoothing products, which rely on chemicals to break curl bonds, Reform relies on specific high heat to activate the permanent internal change from curly to straight.
Our vegan proteins are derived from corn and soy, broken down to extremely small pieces. These protein particles are then small enough to penetrate into the hair shaft, permanently filling gaps created when the disulfide curl bonds are broken by heat. The high, specific heat opens the cuticle temporarily, allowing the proteins into the hair shaft. For this reason, a specific Zerran Reform-approved flatiron must be used.
Reform Activator is pH 4.5-5.5, so no chemical neutralization is needed. The product is only heat-activated, so neutralization occurs when the hair cools. For this same reason, no gloves or protective balms are needed.
As you apply heat to Reform Activator, steam is released, with zero toxic emissions. None of the ingredients in Reform’s patented process are formaldehyde or aldehyde donors. For this reason, no masks, fans, or expensive venting systems are needed. Reform is safe for use around children, pregnant women, and those with inhalation sensitivities.
- Shampoo thoroughly with Initiate clarifying shampoo
- Dry hair 100%
- Section hair
- Using a tint bowl and brush, COMPLETELY saturate the section of hair with Reform Activator
- Reduce excess activator using a brush and dryer on a low-heat setting
- With your Zerran flatiron set to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (Do not change the temperature or use a different flatiron), take quarter inch divisions of hair, pass your flatiron VERY SLOWLY WITH TENSION over the quarter inch section of hair
- Repeat steps 4-6 until every 1/4″ section of hair is done.
- Rinse hair (DO NOT SHAMPOO)
- Apply Hair Redemption
- Rinse again
- Dry hair 100%
There are no reviews yet.